Thursday 5 August 2010

?

I'm not really sure if I'm angry. I'm not really sure what I'm feeling. You see, about three months ago I decided to plant corn, I got two packets, each packet had 250 seeds in them. Last night a raccoon finished up every last ear of corn. I had a row of 250 that was finished up last night, and the corn I planted by the lettuce, yup that two, and the corn up by the fence. All eaten. Well, I did in fact get one ear, isn't that nice, I got one ear of corn!

If I didn't compost I think I would go out there with some corn, wait all night and murder every stinking raccoon in our woods. You see, the only benefit that growing the corn gave me is organic matter. If I didn't compost then I would pull up the stalks and trash them. So, the only thing good about growing the corn this year was that I got organic matter.

I actually might get some corn, if the raccoon don't get it from some stuff I planted later. The question is, how to secure it? Paper bag? I know cucumber doesn't work, at least cutting it up and putting it around the corn. Would a radio really work? If so I need 3 extension cords to get it down to it. Oh brother.....

I could really use some coffee this morning.

I've been researching crop circles, very interesting. I am also doing research into Shaman secrets of plants and Egyptian plane models, and all sorts of things since my Uncle came.

I am just now reading about the benefits of fasting, I knew some, but it is nice to be able to read about it.

Anyway, I guess thats all I am able to write right now. So, fare thee well.

English Vintner

1 comment:

  1. When you figure out what keeps them away let me know. I'll spray some on my chickens. The little rascals climbed up the outside of my coop and wiggled through a 3" slot at the eaves to get inside. In the process, most of my clay pots on the shelf were knocked to the floor and one of my chickens is missing. So, how did it get the chicken out? Or how did it climb out after the feast leaving no sign of it's visit except very nice muddy footprints on the side of the coop and inside? Blast!

    ReplyDelete