Monday, 2 February 2009


Well, I decided to do it on this one, let the wild yeast have it. I added sugar to bring it up to 12%, if the yeast dies out to soon then I will add Lavlin D-47, a wonderful strain of yeast.

I took it down to the winery where their are less yeast and bacteria floating around. I did the tip I posted, and I can see the results. I added some yeast nutrient, but thats all I am adding for now. I will add acid blend at bottling if I think it needs it, and pectic enzyme when its time to clear.

The smell is wonderful, light fresh smell of pine needles, and fresh apples. I plan on puting pine chips to age it on. I saw someone do this with beer, so I decided to give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment